Balanced Approach Acupuncture
“The Treatment Rooms” Specific
Details of new procedures to protect against transmission of Covid-19
As you will be aware all public places have created new rules for visitors to follow for their safety and the safety of others. Please read through before attending the clinic. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
We ask all visitors to the clinic to maintain a two-metre distance from all other people in the clinic at all times. The only exception to this is with your practitioner who will let you know when it is appropriate to approach under two metre and for how long.
For social distancing reasons, unless you require assistance for specific support and care needs, we ask you to come alone for the appointment where possible unless a chaperone, parent or carer is required. Please leave accessory items (bags and coats) in the car, or travel with as little as possible.
If you or someone you live with develops symptoms of Covid-19 by the time of the appointment, please contact me before attending the clinic.
Entering the clinic
The entrance will be the front door of the clinic and the exit will be the staff exit through the waiting room.
We have spaced out patient arrivals and departures so that all visitors to the clinic can remain socially distanced.
All therapists are working to the same guidelines. These are as required for healthcare professionals to acupuncture standards.
• When you arrive, please wait for a text or call from the practitioner before entering. or,• When you arrive, please wait outside until called into the clinic
Treatment & Clinic Room Specifics
The latest guidelines indicate that acupuncture treatments will follow this process:
· 15-minute Zoom/ phone Consultation prior to treatment in order to reduce contact time/increase social distancing in clinic. We can still talk during treatments of course however that initial chat will be conducted the day/evening before. When I call you to book an appointment, we will arrange the time for the pre-treatment chat.
· A Consent Form must be completed by you and returned by email before treatment (or an indication of the outcome of it and bring it in on the day of treatment). This will need to be completed for first treatment and then we will have a check point before each future treatment. The form will be provided when I confirm a treatment with you.
· A 45-minute treatment slot (to include re-booking time) this is to allow 30 minutes for cleaning and to stagger appointment times to remove contact between patients.
· It is recommended patients bring their own suitable blanket or towel for cover-up/comfort if required to reduce the need for multiple blankets/washing/risk of contamination. I will have a waterproof pillow that will be cleaned thoroughly with anti-bacterial and virology cleaner between patients. Each patient will also have their own couch cover and normal couch roll that I will change between each patient as part of the clinic room clean between each patient/client.
· No waiting room or chairs – you will be asked to wait outside until called in for treatment, so it is best not to arrive too early. The clinic chair will have clean couch roll on it for sitting and placing removed clothes on.
· It is recommended that toilets are not made available to patients. However, this may prove difficult for some so I am happy to make them available if required. The area will be cleaned/disinfected after each use for everyone’s safety and in line with the “Covid-Secure” Risk Assessment.
· Please expect a temperature check from me on arrival and prior to treatment.
· Hand washing or hand gel disinfection prior to/after treatment and at need.
I will be wearing the recommended PPE and scrub clothing
throughout treatments and observing the strict hand hygiene guidelines
Handwashing (in the clinic room)
Please wash your hands immediately upon entering the clinic. You will be directed to the appropriate facilities which are in my treatment room. There will be a poster nearby to demonstrate handwashing techniques recommended by the NHS. Please also wash your hands before leaving the clinic.
Face mask and respiratory hygiene
It is recommended that patients wear ordinary surgical masks to the clinic. You may bring your own or ask me to provide one for you upon entering the clinic. If you need to sneeze or cough while in the clinic, please do so into a disposable tissue and throw it away immediately. This will be double bagged in the clinic room. I do have a limited supply of masks if required. Please ensure your mask is in place before entering the premises.
Cleaning between treatments
I will be cleaning and disinfecting relevant surfaces (door handles, couch, chairs, desk, new washable pillows, sink etc) in the 30 minutes between each patient and there will be a visible checklist for this purpose. The room will also be ventilated between appointments.
Payments will be online or contactless using my contactless machine. No cash or cheques.
I fully appreciate that this all seems overwhelming and difficult however the same warm welcome will await you and I look forward to picking up with you all where we left off way back earlier in the year.
There is much “noise” and information on the news and social media however I am working to clear Government, Public Health England and British Acupuncture Council Guidelines to look after your needs in a secure and safe environment.
The Treatment Rooms have been made COVID compliant and you will notice the required poster in the front window of the cottage.
I am satisfied a calm environment awaits you.
Most of all I want to you to feel comfortable and safe coming back to see me at “The Treatment Rooms”.
I look forward to seeing you in clinic.